My heart beats dog® and now it’s canine cardiac rhythm is about to get louder, prouder, more focused, and taking on a new dimension. Fidose of Reality has a new tag line with a more focused dog mission….now a doggie drumroll please…
A health/wellness/lifestyle dog blog for Cocker Spaniels and their canine friends.
Why The New Dog Mission
Two words inspired me more than anything at the recent BlogPaws Conference we attended in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Those words are “be useful” and keynote speaker, who happens to be the most re-tweeted digital marketer in the world, Jay Baer, uttered them to a packed house.
Over the past 25 years, I’ve been a Cocker Mom, and I’ve shared those co-parenting responsibilities with my wife, Darlene. She and our dog, Dexter, have attended every single BlogPaws Conference with me and always will. During our 11-hour car ride returning home from Myrtle Beach, we realized that Cockers own our hearts. My heart beats dog, and it sing songs in perfect rhythm for Cocker Spaniels. The heart wants what the heart wants. As a little girl, I fell in love with Cocker Spaniels after seeing one in “The Big Book of Dogs.” She had a flower in her hair, gently positioned right behind her ear. I wanted one. My first dog as an adult was a Cocker Spaniel, Brandy Noel, whom I miss every single day. Brandy, be proud my love, I am writing your legacy.
I found my passion, and this is my destiny. For keeps: Cocker Spaniels and their canine friends!
When Cocker parents have questions, they tend to come to me. When we host fundraisers, they are generally toward Cocker Spaniels. Even the fundraising arm of this blog is called Wigglebutt Warriors. Wigglebutt comes from the motion of the Cocker Spaniel. They don’t wag: They shake their booties in a Wigglebutt fashion.
We are also great believers in The Universe. When The Universe sends a sign, we embrace it. Do you?
Fellow dog mom and published author, Terry Kaye, sent us a photo via Facebook this past weekend with a very timely caption. Here it is:
Terry, you are the final wag towards that finish line we needed.
Fidose of Reality is now a health/wellness/lifestyle dog blog for Cocker Spaniels and their canine friends.
What This Means and What’s New
- If you love dogs and want the latest dog health and wellness news with a reality-based perspective, Fidose of Reality is for you. We love ALL dogs here, all breeds, all mutts, all ages, all sizes. We always have and we always will.
- If you love Cocker Spaniels, you’ll see more content geared at the health, wellness, and lifestyle of the breed, both American and English!
- Lifestyle means dog friendly travel, modern ideas and products for the Cocker mom and Cocker dad, plus contests and giveaways.
What to Watch For: On the Canine Horizon
- We are writing our very first book: First draft completion by end of year! This book applies to ALL dog parents and will be reality based and a staple in your dog loving library of prose.
- The next Wigglebutt Warriors fundraiser: We will make an announcement in the first half of 2018 about what is next on the fundraising end. However, we have amazing news to share: An anonymous donor gave us $10,000 to gift to a rescue of our choice and we selected OBG (Oldies but Goodies) Cocker Spaniel Rescue, with whom we have worked with and donated thousands to over the years. They are a wonderful group who helps Cockers and their canine friends, too.
- A few online surprises will be rolling out in these coming months from free downloads to an online gathering spot for Cocker lovers of the highest order and their canine friends.
- Ebook alert!!!
We Are Busy Wigglebutts
So you can see that we have been busy wiggling our booties to plan all of this out and take it to the next level of dog-infused living and Cocker health and wellness.
This is our life, our hearts, and we could not continue this pawprint-laden path without your support, love, and encouragement over the years. Even the trolls and haters, we learn from you and your silliness, off color comments, and how to rise up with pride and triumph.
My heart beats dog, so lub dub along with us for the ride: We’re just getting started!