Welcome to the pack! Fidose of Reality is dedicated to healthy living for Cocker Spaniels and their canine friends. Wigglebutt Warriors® is our fundraising arm. This blog won the 2020 Dog Writers Association of America Best Blog or Website Award!
A dog lover of the highest order is how Gayle King introduced me, Carol Bryant, when I appeared with my Cocker Spaniel, Dexter, on Oprah Radio’s Gayle King show to dish dogs. Listen here:
About Fidose of Reality Fans, Followers, and Readers
- Live the mantra “my heart beats dog” and treat their dogs like true members of the family.
- Refer to themselves as pet parents, dog moms, and dog dads.
- Love Cocker Spaniels and have a special interest in their health and wellness.
- Read ingredients on labels and want to feel confident in the products their dogs use and consume.
- Tech-savvy and willing to spend money on their dogs.
- Travel with their dogs and seek the latest products to keep them safe.
- Enjoy spending time and engaging in activities with their Cockers and any other dogs in their families.
About Carol Bryant
My heart beats dog® so very much that I trademarked that and wear it permanently on my left bicep.
A frequent media contributor, I appear on television, social media, on radio, and in print. Some more fun facts about me:
- Professional pet blogger, freelance writer, social media pro, speaker, and consultant.
- Current President of The Dog Writers Association of America (DWAA).
- As the former PR/Marketing and Social Media Manager for BlogPaws, I helped connect brands to bloggers/online influencers and those who want to monetize, form relationships, and turn a passion for pets into a way to make money. Using branding alignment to strategically share blogger content on BlogPaws social channels, I helped to grow the reach of campaigns. The company was sold to PetSmart/Chewy.
- Founder of Club Cocker successful Facebook group.
- Wigglebutt Warriors, our fundraising arm, has raised over $75,000 to date for homeless Cocker Spaniels and other dogs to assist with medical, food, and basic needs until they find their forever homes.
- Co-author of Pet Blogging book scheduled for release in winter, 2020.
- Bylines include Dogster, Paw Culture, Dog Fancy, BlogPaws, Fido Friendly, Pet360, AKC Family Dog, Today.com, and Hamptons Pet. See media room.
- Speaker at events including Women In the Pet Industry, BlogPaws, and Dog Writers Association of America.
- Recovering PR agent. Previous clients include Morton Salt, Doodie Pack, and Benji the Dog.
- Winner of DWAA 2018 Distinguished Service Award sponsored by the American Kennel Club.
- Repeat nominee for the Dog Writers of America Maxwell Medallion.
- Winner of the 2015 Women in the Pet Industry Woman of the Year in the Advocacy Category.
- Click here for my LinkedIn page.
About Dexter Bryant, My Cocker Spaniel
Dexter is my heart shaper, love keeper, treat beggar, bone burier, ballplayer, and life changer.
His titles include Canine Good Citizen and AKC Trick Dog Beginner and Intermediate levels. He loves to travel and has been cross country via car twice. He is the perfect ambassador for traveling with your dog.
He is well known online and devotes time to help dogs in need. When I won the 2018 AKC Distinguished Service award presented by the DWAA, Dexter stood by my side for the acceptance speech.
Why Cocker Spaniels
When Cocker parents have questions, they tend to come to me. When we host fundraisers, they are generally toward Cocker Spaniels. Even the fundraising arm of this blog is called Wigglebutt Warriors. Wigglebutt comes from the motion of the Cocker Spaniel. They don’t wag: They shake their booties in a “wigglebutt” fashion.
My heart beats dog and it sings in perfect rhythm for Cocker Spaniels.
I am a journalist and blogger with a passion for the truth and sharing it with our audience. As a foremost authority on the Cocker Spaniel from their health and wellness, activities, dietary requirements, traits, and personalities:
- I’ve been involved with Cocker Spaniels and have owned them for the past 27 years and counting.
- I’ve been writing about dogs and Cockers in general for close to twelve years.
- As a member of the American Spaniel Club, I am involved with fundraising to help find a cure for a disease that plagues the breed: cataracts. Research is being done to identify the gene and mutation responsible for inherited cataracts in Cocker Spaniels, and subsequently, to develop a genetic test that can identify genetically normal, affected, and carrier dogs.
- I travel the country and meet both face-to-face and through digital means with the best and brightest veterinarians, brands, pet product experts, and authorities in the dog world with a special emphasis on Cocker Spaniels.
- I write for dog-themed publications both on- and offline and am often quoted as a dog and Cocker Spaniel expert in the media. Refer to our media room for more.
- My home library rivals that of a small veterinary school. Books and lifelong learning are at the core of my existence and helping Cocker Spaniels and their canine friends live happier, healthier lives are our goals and passions.
- I keep current by attending webinars, seminars, classes, expos, trade shows, industry events, and books are forthcoming.
- Founder of Wigglebutt Warriors. My wife and I have raised over $75,000 for homeless Cocker Spaniels and other dogs to assist with medical, food, and basic needs until they find their forever homes.
- My background as a certified medical transcriptionist and medical writer serve me well to make Fidose of Reality the premier online destination for all things related to the health, wellness, and lifestyle of Cocker Spaniels and their canine friends.
- I returned to college for a triple major as an adult, and my degrees are two Associates in Education and Business Management and my Bachelor of Arts is in English, with Summa Cum Laude honors.
What Does Fidose of Reality Cover?
- If you love dogs and want the latest dog health and wellness news with a reality-based perspective, Fidose of Reality is for you. We love ALL dogs here, all breeds, all mutts, all ages, all sizes. We always have and we always will.
- If you love Cocker Spaniels, you’ll see more content geared at the health, wellness, and lifestyle of the breed, both American and English.
- Lifestyle means dog-friendly travel, modern ideas, and products for the Cocker mom and Cocker dad, plus contests and giveaways.
- Gifts and product ideas for dogs and dog lovers.
- Dog rescue and adoption stories and fundraising for dogs in need through our Wigglebutt Warriors fundraising arm.
See Us In Action
Want to work with me? See my media kit? Have questions?
Send an email to:
carol (at) fidoseofreality (dot) com