Calling all dog lovers: It’s time to join The Pack! If you are anything like me, you enjoy doing fun things and activities with your dog. That could mean taking walks, visiting the dog park, or traveling together and exploring new sights.
These days, it’s pretty hard to get out of the house and have fun adventures with our dogs, but that doesn’t mean we still can’t have fun and deepen the bonds we have with our pups. That’s where the Pack Amazon Prime Video comes in to save the day!
Fidose of Reality is super excited to announce a new series is coming out on Amazon called The Pack. If you pine for the days when you and your dog could do things outdoors together, this is the series for you. Maybe you want to live vicariously through adventure-seeking dog moms and dog dads like me. Well, The Pack has everything a dog lover would want in a series including:
- An Amazing Race style adventure show
- Dogs exploring the world across multiple continents
- Tracking, fetching, white water rafting, playing sports together, and more
- Bonding experiences with dogs and their owners
- It’s not the news and it’s totally all about dogs and their smarts!
A total of 10 episodes of The Pack will be unleashed November 20th. Amazon is touting the weekend of November 20-22, 2020 as The Pack Amazon Prime weekend, and Dexter and I are gearing up to watch the series together. Here’s the scoop, some fun insider details, and how you can get involved, help dogs in need, and celebrate the special bond you and your dog share. We’ll also share a special trailer to show you just what to expect from the show.
What Is The Pack Amazon Prime All About?
Twelve teams including one dog and one human per team travel all around the world on an epic adventure across multiple continents. If you’ve ever seen the television show, The Amazing Race, The Pack is sort of like that with dogs and hosted by Olympic Gold medalist, Lindsey Vonn.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and we may earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Read our full affiliate disclosure here.
You need to be an Amazon Prime member to view this epic adventure, so if you aren’t a Prime member, sign up now with my affiliate link.
There are 10 episodes in The Pack Amazon Prime and you can choose to binge-watch (as I will) or space the episodes out to view at your leisure.
Are There Prizes Involved?
Yes, there are big time prizes involved. The winning dog parent/dog duo will receive $500,000 and another $250,000 will be donated to the animal charity of their choice.
When homeless dogs win, everyone wins, so Amazon Prime donated an additional $250,000 during filming to multiple charities and animal rescue organizations in each country they visited.
How Can My Dog And I Get More Involved With The Pack?
The Pack has an entire page on Amazon Prime dedicated to the series. There are a ton of events and promotions and of course, prizes for dog lovers to enter to win. All of the fun starts on Friday, November 20 and runs through Sunday, November 22, 2020.
Some of the cool things you can get involved with include:
- Rocco & Roxie will host a social media giveaway over The Packed Weekend.
- The Bear & The Rat have a code for a discount off their products for dogs during The Packed Weekend.
- Sleepypod is giving away prizes on their website during The Packed Weekend.
Here’s the official link to The Packed Weekend complete with series information, how to have fun, and how to enter to win prizes from various sponsors.
Dexter, my Cocker Spaniel, is 12 years young and we stay fit and active by doggy dancing, playing together, and going on long walks. We love brain games and can’t wait to see the fun the teams have competing in this fun and challenging competition.
Who Are The Competing Teams?
There are a total of 12 dog parent/dog teams vying for the top dog prize. These teams consist of:
- Brian Calvert and Dixie, a 5-year-old Bluetick Coonhound
- Chelsey Lowe and Gryffin, an Australian Shepherd
- Chisum Joe Johnson and Kepo, Texas Blue Lucy
- Daniel Reese and Allister, a wire-haired Rat Terrier
- Donna Modafferi and Charlie, a Schnoodle
- Josh White and Snow, a 3-year-old Standard Poodle
- Kioni ‘Kentucky’ Russell Gallahue and Derby, a Goldendoodle
- Linh Iacona and Chance, a senior rescue dog
- Lucy Riles and Duchess, an 8-year-old black Labrador Retriever
- Mark LeBlanc and Ace, a 10-year-old Border Collie
- Mitra Najibeth Yosri and Bozley, a Border Collie/St. Bernard mix
- Vania Zuniga and Jax, a 3-year-old Golden Retriever
I am most amazed at the ages, types of dogs, both purebred and mutts, many rescue pooches, and overall diversity in the teams and breeds. This gives me all the feels.
Where Can I Watch The Official Trailer For The Pack?
The Pack airs on Amazon Prime November 20, 2020 and you can sign up to watch it right here. The series will be available on Amazon Prime after it debuts, but all the associated weekend activities take place November 20 through November 22, 2020.
May the best dog and his or her parent win. Good luck to all, and will you be watching with me and Dexter? Bark at me in the comments below.