One of the most popular questions we are asked at Fidose of Reality is what sort of food to feed a dog. Remember the great dog food scare a few years ago? Dog parents became more diligent about what they feed their precious canine family members as a result.
Last week, we attended the pet industry’s only conference dedicated exclusively to pet bloggers and lifestyle bloggers with a pet focus: BlogPaws. While there, the folks at Merrick asked us to stop by their booth, learn about their new line, and take part in some Broadway fun. Here’s what we learned and want you to know about feeding the new Merrick Limited Ingredient diet to your dog(s):
Are Dogs Created Equally?
No two dogs are the same, just like people. I may like steak and you might despise red meat. Some people like duck while others prefer turkey. Dogs are the same way. Eating the same meal day in and day out can get boring for dogs. The old adage of “let the bowl there, he’ll eat it if he is hungry enough” is just that: an old and antiquated way of thinking. Pets are family, right?
For dogs who have food sensitivities, the choices are limited as to what they can eat, so the folks at Merrick decided to do something about it. Here’s what I learned. This is he sort of information I would want to know if researching a new dog food to feed my dog with food sensitivities:
- Ingredients like grains + gluten have been left out of this recipe as some dogs have sensitivities to these ingredients.
- The single source deboned protein provides amino acids, vitamins and minerals that dogs need daily.
- No artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
- Made in with all-natural ingredients sourced in the USA.
- Easy-to-understand ingredients and right from the bag: Deboned Lamb, Lamb Meal, Sweet Potatoes, Peas, Potatoes, Pea Protein, Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavor, Organic Alfalfa, Salt, Minerals (Zinc Sulfate, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Copper Amino Acid Complex, Potassium Iodide, Cobalt Amino Acid Complex, Sodium Selenite), Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate), Choline Chloride, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Dried Lactobacillus plantarum Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Rosemary Extract.
Available in canned and kibble varieties including:
You can click here for the guaranteed nutritional analysis from the Merrick Limited Ingredient Diets for dogs. It is also available for cats, so all you bi-petual households, rejoice.
Now without further ado, here’s our Broadway debut and try to spot Fidose of Reality’s founder, aka ME, in the video. Tell me the counter spot in the comments below and I will send you a surprise in the snail mail from all folks who comment with the video location over the next week.
Bonus: Every person who took part in this video is receiving $250 of Merrick Pet Food to their favorite 501(c)3 shelter, and we have selected NYC Second Chance Rescue for this. That’s close to 60 people getting this food: Imagine the lives affected. Thanks Merrick! The spotlight is on you!
Do you feed your dog a rotating or limited ingredient diet?
Note: We were not compensated to share this information; we just believing in sharing useful information from a health and wellness perspective that would be of interest to Fidose of Reality readers.