Some of the best products for dogs and dog parents are little gems hidden amongst the bigger brands. For this reason, I love attending trade shows and conferences like the one I recently attended in Portland, Oregon. I absolutely love discovering dog products I previously knew nothing about.
The Women in the Pet Industry (WIPIN) Conference was held August 13-16 in Portland, Oregon. There, women from a variety of facets in the pet industry came together for networking, learning, growing, and gaining skills to take our respective careers to the next level. One of my passions is discovering new pet products, so imagine my glee in meeting dozens of women who are rocking the pet product marketplace.
Here are five dog-themed products we discovered at WIPIN that are worth your time in discovering:
(1) Pet Exceptionals: Bling. When I saw Pet Exceptions CEO, Toni Greenfield walking through the conference room with a bling dog bone charm, this must have piece of jewelry called my name. These glamorous gifts for pet lovers include silver and Swarvoski pieces, pet sympathy and condolences pieces, along with accessories for pets. Her website is just about finished for relaunch but Toni has a beautiful pet memorial pin and line of condolences keepsakes available right now. Even better, for purchases of $50 or more, use code P5E01 for website or call in orders. Oh, and here’s the bling I walked away with: (and if you are attending Wigglebutts Go Hollywoof, Toni is donating some pieces as a sponsor)!
(2) Cuddle Clones: I am truly, madly, deeply in love with this unique product. I have never seen anything like this in my life. Cuddle Clones creates soft, adorable plush replicas of your pet. By replicas, I mean oh-my-dawg, is that real or plush, see?
You simply upload a photo of your pet, provide specific details/markings about the pet, and within a few weeks, the Cuddle Clone arrives at your doorstep. These are so true to life, founder Jennifer Graham is making Fidose of Reality’s PR (Puppy Relations) Manager a Cuddle Clone and attending the Hollywoof event in September, too! One lucky attendee will walk away with their very own. Meantime, use code WIPIN for 10 percent off!
(3) Bowser Beer: I love off-the-beaten path products that serve a purpose, and such is the case with beer for dogs aka Bowser Beer. Founder Jennifer Brown created a fab product that looks fun but is oh so good for dogs: Bowser Beer™ is a non-alcoholic, non-carbonated treat for dogs. The chicken or beef broth base replaces hops – no onions, salt or fat is added. Malt barley is good for shiny coats and glucosamine aids in joint health. This product has been on the market for a while and I look paw-ward to picking some up for dog parties!
(4) Oma’s Pride treats: Camlyn of Oma’s Treats talked me all about this true family business, with three generations of family history built upon grandmother “Oma” and her sense of pride.Located in Connecticut, they too are a Hollywoof sponsor! For those who are into a raw diet, Oma’s Pride offers a complete line of prepared raw pet food products made expressly for those feeding raw diets to their pets.
(5) Kumfy Tailz: Founder Gail Sanders Luckman shared all about this interesting product with me. Kumfy Tailz utilizes gel pack technology to assist dogs in maintaining a healthy body temperature regardless of their age, breed, injury, cardiovascular issue, or even just adverse weather conditions. The Kumfy Pax is a puncture-resistant nylon/pvc enclosure filled with a homeopathic, non-toxic UltraGel, which can be either warmed in your microwave, or cooled in your freezer. After a quick spell in the freezer or less than a minute in the microwave, the Kumfy Pax is inserted into the special Kumfy Pouch, where it helps to keep your dog warm or cool for up to an hour.
What’s your latest favorite pet product find? Would you like to own any of the products mentioned?
Note: We were not compensated for sharing this news: We just love to showcase fab dog products we discover in our travels.
Here are a few pet bloggers to check out who, no doubt, are pet product lovers, too!