Last updated on March 20, 2015
The dogs must be all set for the holidays now. Bone: check. New squeaky toy: Check. Stocking ready for Santa Paws: Check. Dog lovers, unite.
Got some last minute items still to purchase for the dog lover in your life? How about a few feel-good items that will give any dog lover a big holiday warm fuzzy feeling:
* Live Love Wag: How cute is that? The gal who does these adorable pendants has done so on the back side of a Scrabble piece – those wooden letters to play Scrabble indeed. Love these and the photo does not do them justice. Print a photo of the pendant, wrap and wait for this little nugget to arrive. Oh, and all proceeds go to help Camp Cocker! Just $20 a piece and comes with a sterling silver necklace.
* Speaking for Spot by Dr. Nancy Kay: I own this book, have referred to it often, and it is one of those resources you are glad to have when a dog medical question comes out, you want to know what to expect at the vet, or just for some more intricate advice laid out in easy-to-read terms. Plus Dr. Kay will sign the book and even gift wrap it. Fun!
* Embellish! Designs by Jennie Barr: Ever see an adorable tote or shirt with a dog on it and have to stop that person wearing in his or her tracks? Such is the case. My dog was at an event with me and I saw a gal wearing the cutest ever embroidered dog shirt. I had to find out who made them. Fun stuff, many unique designs and I had to admire the lady walking her Cocker design the most.
* Anything from McCartneys Dogs: Caricatures with whimsy and yet holds true to the breed: I love the designs by this gal. I have one of her shirts and what a cute gift for a dog lover. Keep in mind, as of this date in the season, arrival by December 25 is slim, but wrap a photo and order away. Even wine glasses that read “Sit Stay Drink” – too cute!
* Make a scrapbook of dog photos: One of my favorite gifts received this year was from my friend Doreen. She went into my Facebook and grabbed some dog photos, printed them and made the most stunning scrapbook of memories for me. I was so touched and it will remain a treasure forever. She embellished it with stickers and things from the craft store and it looks like a million bucks. This you CAN have for Christmas Day gift giving. Run run run to the craft store, get creative and get to having some fun.
Celebrate and wag along with us as we up the “bark” for 2012 here on Fidose of Reality!