Remember those items received for the holidays when we were kids that were necessary yet tossed to the side of the pile? To dogs, some stocking stuffers are the “socks” of the human gift-giving world. I am referring to the kinds of presents dog moms and dogs would like to have and use but the ones that Rover or Rambo might otherwise ponder, “what, I can’t eat it? Then what good is it?”
Here are five faves of Fidose of Reality, all priced under $15 bucks and all paw-fect for stuffing the stocking of the dog loving co-worker, family member, friend or even yourself.
1. Precision tip cotton swabs from Q-tips: A handy tool to have in Fido’s first aid kit, I’ve used these on my dog’s itchy spots during allergy season in order to apply topical lotions. Ever try to get lotion on a fluffy dog’s skin without having more than half of it slather itself onto the fur and completely miss the skin? These precision-tipped swabs allow for dog moms and dads to reach into small spaces, past the fur and get to the root of the problem. (they also work famously for applying eye shadows or for usage with arts and crafts projects).
2. Tick key: Hallejuah I had this when I visited the beach this summer. Though protected with environmentally and pet-safe products, we did have a tick incident – right on my baby boy’s head. Bleaccch. Using natural forward leverage to remove the entire tick, this is the kind of product that pays for itself the first time you use it. Nicely priced for toting on a keyring, too.
3. Cutest Calendar Ever: Oldies but Goodies Cocker Spaniel Rescue has the most adorable calendar, with proceeds going towards this very worthy and loving group of rescue and foster Cocker moms and dads. Check out this 15-year-old Cocker who found her forever home thanks to OBG!
4. Magnetic Pedigrees: These had me at hello. For the car, office, fridge, and for $5.99 too cute for words.
5. Paw Protection: Musher’s Secret is a barrier, food-grade wax for dog paws/pads that acts as an invisible boot. Developed in Canada for sledding dogs, apply a thin coat on pads and between toes, weekly. It dries in seconds and does not stain, is nontoxic, non-allergenic and priced starting at $12, depending on size. Good on hot pavement, sand and sand burn, snow and ice, salt and chemicals.
Stay tuned, we’ll be showcasing some other must haves for the dogs and dog lovers on your shopping list.
Note: We were not paid for any of the above. We purchased them ourselves and really liked them, so recommending them to our fans and fur-ends is fun!