You’d think it would be easy to find the best Cocker Spaniel treats, but there’s a catch. Cocker Spaniels are known for their sensitive tummies, itchy skin, and food allergies.
Fortunately, we have a lot of experience in the Cocker Spaniel treats department. Over the past 30 years, Cockers have shared our lives. We also travel to pet industry trade shows, talk to manufacturers, veterinarians, veterinary nurses, and pet nutritionists.
Not all dog treats are created equal, so we’ve narrowed down our list to the top 12 Cocker Spaniel treats. You want to feel safe with the ingredients in any type of treat your dog eats. We always recommend you ignore the front of a treat bag or container. Flip the package around and learn what ingredients are inside those cute-looking holiday-themed dog treats.
There’s something for every size and type of dog on this list, from puppies to seniors, grain-free to homemade. If you have a Cocker Spaniel, get ready to shop for nom noms.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this article are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I am also an Etsy and Chewy affiliate.
Why These Cocker Spaniel Treats Made Our List
Here’s why we selected the dog treats on this list:
- The ingredients are easily pronounced and recognizable.
- Calories are clearly stated or readily available.
- High quality with whole food and good ingredients for dogs
- Clear and honest sourcing as indicated on the label or website
- A large number of positive reviews
- Transparency on the labeling and/or website
- We’ve used the treats, gifted them, and/or talked to other Cocker parents about their successes with them.
Tips For Feeding Your Cocker The Right Treat
Here are a few basic tips to follow to keep your Cocker Spaniel happy and healthy:
- Treats should never comprise more than 10 percent of your dog’s daily intake of food.
- Pay attention to the calorie content in each treat. Overindulgence can lead to weight gain and obesity-related health problems in dogs.
- No matter how big or small the treat, always supervise your dog when she’s eating treats.
- Choose the right-sized treats for your dog. For example, don’t give a puppy a large biscuit to work on.
- Be careful with grain-free dog treats. While generally okay in moderation, some treat manufacturers remove the grain and replace it with carbs or fatty substitutes.
- Dental treats are fine as a treat and to help work off tartar while satisfying your dog’s chewing instincts. They are not a substitute for teeth brushing and dental care.
- More natural ingredients are best. Avoid treats with a lot of sugars and fats.
- If your Cocker is a fast eater, try a fillable KONG toy or a board game for dogs.
- Softer treats work well for most senior dogs who are missing teeth or have sensitive gums.
- Break larger treats into pieces for more “treat time.”
- Hypoallergenic or no allergen labeling doesn’t mean your dog can eat the treat without a reaction. Dogs can be allergic to any ingredient, including whole wheat flour, beef, chicken, etc.
- Ingredients are listed from most to least by weight on the label so be sure you feed your pup a high-quality snack without a ton of fillers and unnecessary ingredients.
Best Christmas Treats For Dogs
Here are our 12 favorite Cocker Spaniel treats and why we love them:
Best Hemp Oil Infused Cocker Spaniels Treats
Best Holiday-Themed Cocker Treat
Made with real sweet potatoes, all-white turkey, and cranberries
This low-calorie dog biscuit is a staple in our household. Produced in small batches in the USA using seven ingredients. They are GMO-free and contain no soy or corn. Infused with chia seed.
Best Grain-Free Gingerbread Shaped Biscuits For Cocker Spaniels
Best Peanut Butter Treats For Cockers
Best Long-Lasting Chew For Spaniels
Odor-free and made from free-range cattle
If your dog loves to chew, use supervision and give her a premium-grade Jack&Pup 12-inch odor-free bully stick to gnaw on. We love that they are processed in a USDA human-grade facility without hormones or antibiotics used on the cattle.
Best Dental Chew For Spaniels
Best Homemade Cocker Treat Maker
Best Cocker Game Fillable Treats
Best Natural Treat Trio For Cocker Spaniels
Best Cocker Advent Calendars
Best Crunchy Biscuit for Cocker Spaniels
Best Dog Subscription Box
The ultimate feel-good gift box for dogs
Nothing says I love you and thank you for your unconditional love like the gift box that keeps on giving from Sweet Paws Bakery. Filled with treats baked in the bakery in Florida along with an activity card, coupon, and more surprises.
Keep Track Of Your Cocker Spaniel Treats and Meals
Need More Gift Ideas For Dogs and Dog Lovers?
Don’t stop now. Keep reading and get your holiday shopping done below: