Do you look for things to do with your dog? Are you the proud pet parent of a dog, cat, or any other animal? Then perhaps you’ve heard of the BlogPaws Conference that takes place every year…and if you haven’t, then this is your
licky lucky day! If you are trying to grow your social media accounts, become an influencer online, or just want to learn more about how to help pets in need, meet pet brands, have fun, and bring your pet with you, then meet us this June in Phoenix.
(1) Go Face to Face With Brands Galore: I kid you not, brands are there to meet you and your pet. I have been to all seven BlogPaws Conferences to date with my dog, Dexter. He is well known at the conferences and the brands ask for him by name. Why is this important? For starters, sure, it’s fun, but if you want to make money on social media in some capacity and have a dog, then you can form relationships with brands.
I will never forget what one of the brands said to me at the very first BlogPaws Conference I attended in 2010 in Columbus, Ohio.
Here’s how the conversation went down:
“You must be serious about blogging and working with brands.”
“I sure am” I replied. “But how did you know?”
“Because you are here at this conference,” was his reply.
You could have knocked me over with a dog biscuit.
(2) Eat Together: Yes, as in sit on your lap, by your side, under a table…whatever floats your boat. The only place pets are not allowed is in the hotel restaurant unless the dog is a service animal. For all BlogPaws Conference related meals, which are amazingly yum-tastic, bring your dog.
Your ticket to BlogPaws includes entrance into the exhibit hall, all sessions (except the fee paid session, which is limited seating), all Keynote sessions, Pawject Runway, the Nose-to-Nose awards and all meals per the agenda which can be found here!
(3) Go Nose to Nose with Other Pet Parents Just Like You: You can say things like “pet parent” or “my dog sleeps with me” and not worry about being judged. These are people who “get it,” the “it” being that pets are family members.
The BlogPaws pet-welcoming extravaganza unites 500 of the pet industry’s top influencers and key bloggers from around the country (and world) convening for a yearly conference of networking, monetization, learning, and more. It is not an expo, it is so much more. Here’s a quick video so you can see it from a pet’s eye view. See if you can spot our Cocker Spaniel, Dexter, in this video doing a trick:
(4) Get Dressed to the Nines and Attend the Red Carpet BlogPaws Nose-to-Nose Pet Blogging and Social Media Awards: Pose with your dog on the step and repeat. Walk the red carpet. Dress up and have a glamorous night in a posh resort with paw-parazzi, media coverage, an elegant meal, and an awards ceremony. It’s fun, it’s memorable, and it’s been on my bucket list every year. I cherish the memories I have with my dog on red carpet night, see?
(5) Get to Know PetSmart: You know, the huge brand! On Wednesday evening, June 22nd, rub shoulders with the PetSmart-sponsored networking event and bring your dog! With so many bloggers arriving on Wednesday, BlogPaws likes to hose an evening networking event to start the networking!
Come and enjoy a pasta and salad station along with some desserts and bring your dog. Memories, selifes, snaps, videos, fun!
(6) Go to the On-Site Pet Parks: Maybe you want some down time or your dog needs a break or perhaps to play. BlogPaws has on-site pet parks. Bring your dog to the Pet Park to release some energy with other dogs, to relax in our “private resting room” or to give our Pet Park attendents some furry love. They even have places for big dogs and small dogs. It’s your choice to use the Pet Park or bring your pooch with you to all functions at BlogPaws.
(7) Meet Rock Stars in the Pet World: Amazing pet personalities like “America’s Veterinarian,” Dr. Marty Becker will be in attendance. You’ve seen him on “Good Morning America” and “The Dr. Oz Show.” He’s the author of 22 books that have sold more than 7 million copies combined, including three New York Times best-sellers. Dr. Marty Becker truly is “America’s Veterinarian.” He will be at BlogPaws and you and your dog can meet him, take pictures, and chat.
(8) Get Swag and Freebies: The swag bags that each attendee at a BlogPaws Conference receives is worth the price of admission alone. We’re talking toys, treats, food, and coupons. Plus, as you walk the exhibit hall, the brands are eager to meet you and give you goodies: And not just a small treat: But fun takeaways and samples! You may want to pack an extra suitcase or have your swag shipped home, which BlogPaws does: You just pay the shipping.
(9) Win Prizes: You and your dog are eligible for prizes galore. Things like money machines, prize packs, vacuum cleaners, carpet shampooers, gift baskets of amazing dog items, and more. One year I won a full year of dog food and donated it to a dog shelter. They were thrilled!
(10) Explore a Pet-Friendly Location: The resort is amazing. The Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass has so many things for dogs to do. You need not leave the resort, and since the temps will be over 100 degrees, you and your dog will be treated like royalty in air-conditioned comfort. We visited the resort in Chandler, which is not far from Phoenix, earlier this year, and fell in love. Aside from the resort, if you want to explore, the state of Arizona in general is pet welcoming in many areas.
Amanda Yantos of the Dog Mom Days blog wrote a wonderful article about dog-friendly things to do in Arizona. We plan to visit the Grand Canyon en route to the conference. Did I mention we are driving from Pennsylvania to Arizona as a family? The conference is that good. And it is that welcoming. It feels like family when walking in the door. If you are new to it, you’ll have a family to support you and embrace you there. We don’t call you a newbie: We call you an instant pack member!
I have two bucket lists: one for myself and one for my dog. I did the same thing for my previous Cocker Spaniel and highly recommend it. The two intermingle and often overlap, and rightfully so; my heart beats dog so 97.8 percent of the items on my bucket list include dogs. What would go on your dog’s bucket list? Any of these?
- Meet celebrity pets
- Travel together and mingle with other pets and their parents
- Eat at pet-welcoming restaurants together
- Feel like the norm and not hear “wow, pets are welcome here?” at hotels
- Have something published about your dog
- Raise money in the name of dogs/your dog
- Make a difference in the life of dogs
- Meet online dog friends in person and spend a weekend with them
Might I see you and your dog at BlogPaws this month in Arizona? If you register at the blogger rate, use this code for an extra 10 percent off: BP16-BP10off. Here is the link to register: