Fidose of Reality is preparing for one of the biggest events we’ve been involved in to date: My dog is getting married this June in the name of dog and dog rescue in the Wigglebutt Wedding! Since I blog with ardent fervor, the planning, behind-the-scenes fun, and doggie details will be shared here at least weekly on Fidose of Reality. The official title of the event is the Wigglebutt Wedding and it takes place June 28, 2013, in Stratford, Connecticut.
Why Are Two Dogs Getting “Married?”
To raise money and awareness of Cocker Spaniels in need of their forever homes, Fidose of Reality’s Puppy Relations (PR) Manager, Dexter, formally paw-proposed to his girlfriend, Zoe, a Cocker Spaniel who was rescued by Life’s Little Paws the day she was scheduled to be euthanized. Dog lovers around the world are invited to participate and send a gift. Hold up, though, we don’t want gifts for the happy couple; you simply donate to Life’s Little Paws. Ideally, every Cocker Spaniel mom and dad, every dog parent, and anyone who has ever had a dog touch their heart are invited to donate and make a difference. Dexter is so smitten by his rescue fiancée, he wants everyone to celebrate and help save other dogs’ lives!
When I visited the residence of fellow Cocker mom (and five-time rescuer) Val Sorensen, last year, we had an idea. What if our dogs got married — and instead of gifts, anyone who wanted to take part in the happy couple’s nuptials could donate money to a rescue instead? Do you think that might work? “I do,” Val said. “And I do, too,” I concurred.
Dogster magazine asked me to cover the story and they ran an article about the Wigglebutt Wedding, which you can read on Dogster magazine right here.
So What’s It All About?
The Wigglebutt Wedding is formal and we are planning a wonderful time, complete with media coverage, dinner, drinks, dancing, DJ, silent auction, sponsor tent, raffles, surprises, and more. All proceeds raised go to Life’s Little Paws.
We are capping the human guest list at 100. Once we hit 100 people, the list will close. If you are interested in attending, tickets are $50 each and include everything above, with proceeds going to Life’s Little Paws.
We will have 30-35 dogs in attendance in total, with several of those dogs serving as maid of honor, best man, as well as bridesmaids, groomsmen, and ushers/attendants.
The Latest Scoop
- A venue: Baldwin Center
- Canine couture designer for the bride’s gown and the groom’s tuxedo: Anthony Rubio
- Official artist: Missy Johnson of Dogs for the Paws
- Cake topper designer: Lucy Maloney of Designer Dog Miniatures
- Caterer: Food will be catered courtesy of Kiss the Chef Personal Chef/Catering Service, who provides a wide range of food choices from hors d’oeuvres, various ethnic cuisines, special diet meals, vegetarian, more
- Official florist with custom bride and groom floral sculptures: Table Art Event Designs
- Media Coverage: The Wigglebutt Wedding will be televised on News 12 Connecticut’s 13-years-and-running-strong television show, Pet Talk, with hostess Lauren Collier. The wedding will also be covered via blog circuit and traditional media print and online formats with local press as well.
- Sponsors: An array of pet product sponsors will be involved and helping to raise awareness of adoptable dogs in need of forever homes. Goodie bags, prizes, and giveaways are also a part of the fundraising fun and an evening with like-minded dog moms and dads.
- Official Hotel: We also have a hotel block in place at Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford nearby the venue that is pet friendly. We have a block of rooms reserved. The hotel is about 4 miles from the venue.
BIG CONTEST: On February 14, 2013, the Fidose of Reality Wigglebutt Wedding Contest begins. We are giving a grand prize to one lucky dog loving fan!
On June 28, 2013, two little dogs will be united in a Wigglebutt Wedding. I’ll be traveling to Connecticut a few times to plan over these next months, and as I test each appetizer, decide on colors, and determine what font looks best on the official program, warm fuzzies and a sense of pride will fill my heart. Stay tuned for weekly “pupdates”, as the happy couple will be getting together this weekend so their respective paw-rents can continue planning.
NOTE: If you are interested in attending, we do have seating still available and would love to have you come. Each ticket is $50 and is nonrefundable. More information can be obtained by contacting me at fidoseofreality at gmail.com. We have an official evite and would love to see you there!