Fidose of Reality wants you to attend the biggest Wigglebutt Wedding fun fundraising event of the year. One lucky winner will receive two tickets to the Wigglebutt Wedding taking place June 28, 2013, in Stratford, Connecticut, at Baldwin Center AND one night pet-friendly accommodations at nearby Homewood Suites by Hilton® Stratford hotel!!!
And the grand prize winner is:
Francine S. of Pittsburgh who said:
June 28th is my wedding anniversary
and to watch the Wigglebutts marry,
would be a romantic way to celebrate
my very own wedding date!
They will bark “I do”,
without any accidents of doggie- poo.
Dexter and Zoe will have an extraordinary affair,
With dinner, dancing and love throughout the air.
And with no gifts, but donations going to Life’s Little Paws,
I can’t think of a better cause.
Because our rescue dogs are our best friends,
whose love for us shows no end.
Please let my husband and I celebrate with the bride and groom,
We’d love to wave them off as they go on their honeymoon!
But most important we to attend this wonderful event,
because we believe in helping Cocker Spaniels find forever homes 100%!
Why are two dogs getting wed?
To raise money and awareness of Cocker Spaniels in need of their forever homes, Fidose of Reality’s Puppy Relations (PR) Manager, Dexter, formally paw-proposed to his girlfriend, Zoe, a Cocker Spaniel who was rescued by Life’s Little Paws the day she was scheduled to be euthanized. Dog lovers around the world are invited to participate and send a gift. Hold up, though, we don’t want gifts for the happy couple; you simply donate to Life’s Little Paws. Ideally, every Cocker Spaniel mom and dad, every dog parent, and anyone who has ever had a dog touch their heart are invited to donate and make a difference. Dexter is so smitten by his rescue fiancée, he wants everyone to celebrate and help save other dogs’ lives!
When I visited the residence of fellow Cocker mom (and five-time rescuer) Val Sorensen, last year, we had an idea. What if our dogs got married — and instead of gifts, anyone who wanted to take part in the happy couple’s nuptials could donate money to a rescue instead? Do you think that might work? “I do,” Val said. “And I do, too,” I concurred.
The Wigglebutt Wedding is formal and we are planning a wonderful time, complete with media coverage, dinner, drinks, dancing, DJ, silent auction, sponsor tent, raffles, surprises, and more. All proceeds raised go to Life’s Little Paws. We are capping the human guest list at 100. Once we hit 100 people, the list will close. If you are interested in attending, tickets are $50 each, with proceeds going to Life’s Little Paws.
We will have 30-35 dogs in attendance in total, with several of those dogs serving as maid of honor, best man, as well as bridesmaids, groomsmen, and ushers/attendants.
The Latest Scoop
- A venue: Baldwin Center
- Canine couture designer for the bride’s gown and the groom’s tuxedo: Anthony Rubio
- Official artist: Missy Johnson of Dogs for the Paws
- Cake topper designer: Lucy Maloney of Designer Dog Miniatures
- Caterer: Food will be catered courtesy of Kiss the Chef Personal Chef/Catering Service, who provides a wide range of food choices from hors d’oeuvres, various ethnic cuisines, special diet meals, vegetarian, more
- Official florist with custom bride and groom floral sculptures: Table Art Event Designs
- Media Coverage: The Wigglebutt Wedding will be televised on News 12 Connecticut’s 13-years-and-running-strong television show, Pet Talk, with hostess Lauren Collier. The wedding will also be covered via blog circuit and traditional media print and online formats with local press as well.
- Sponsors: An array of pet product sponsors will be involved and helping to raise awareness of adoptable dogs in need of forever homes. Goodie bags, prizes, and giveaways are also a part of the fundraising fun and an evening with like-minded dog moms and dads.
- A DJ: Michael Guariglia of Touch of Class DJ will be our fabulous DJ for the gala
- Official Hotel: We also have a hotel block in place at Homewood Suites by Hilton Stratford nearby the venue that is pet friendly. We have a block of rooms reserved. The hotel is about 4 miles from the venue
U.S. or Canadian residents are welcome to enter, but you must provide your own transportation. Prize is not transferable. If you cannot use the tickets and hotel, the prize is forfeited. One winner will be chosen at random and notified by email that they have won. If winner fails to reply within 5 days of notification, another person will be selected at random. You must be able to attend the event in order to enter. If event is canceled due to unforeseen circumstances, prize will be voided and not substituted.
Details: 6:30 pm to 11:30 pm at Baldwin Center in Stratford, Connecticut. Formal affair. No gifts required, just a love of dogs and helping them.
Contest opens immediately and ends March 31, 2013, at 11:59 pm EST.
What can I win? One lucky winner will receive two tickets to the Wigglebutt Wedding taking place June 28, 2013, in Stratford, Connecticut, at Baldwin Center AND one night pet-friendly accommodations at nearby Homewood Suites by Hilton® Stratford hotel!!!
How Do I Enter? Reply in the comments below why you would like to attend the Wigglebutt Wedding in no more than 100 words.